- David E. Longnecker, MD, FRCA, Robert D. Dripps Professor Emeritus, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- David L. Brown, MD, Professor and Chair , Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Mark F. Newman, MD, Merel H. Harmel Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- Warren M. Zapol, MD, Reginald Jenney Professor of Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Director, Anesthesia Center for Critical Care Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Keep pace with current anesthesiology practice—with the new edition of this standard-setting guide
This classic text—-written and edited by an internationally renowned author team—-defines today’s anesthesia practice for residents and practitioners alike. The book features crisp, readable prose that focuses on the most relevant topics in anesthesiology, perioperative medicine, critical care medicine, and pain medicine.
- NEW Increased focus on perioperative medicine, including outstanding sections on pre-op assessment, critical care medicine, and pain management
- NEW Expanded information on regional anesthesia reflects the best of current anesthesia practice, including ultrasound-guided techniques
- NEW DVD with video clips of common procedures
- Complete coverage that spans the entire field, including all of the anesthetic considerations, preparations, and procedures for the surgical patient, the pain patient, and critical care patient
- Ideal for anesthesiology residents and practitioners preparing for the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA) exam
- Balanced presentation surveys clinical information, practical clinical procedures, and the molecular and basic scientific foundations of anesthesiology practice
- Timely emphasis on safety, quality, and patient-centered care
- Learning aids such as key points, numerous tables and algorithms, and key references
- Engaging full-color presentation
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!