- Marc G. Jeschke, M.D., Ph.D., Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Lars-Peter Kamolz, M.D., M.Sc., Plastische, Aesthetische und Rekonstruktive Chirurgie, Landesklinikum Wiener Neustadt, Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- Folke Sjöberg, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery and Intens ive Care, Linköping University Hospital, and Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden
- Steven E. Wolf, M.D., Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
This volume covers the entire spectrum of acute burn treatment. Individual chapters deal with basic aspects of different burn mechanisms as well as the acute care of burn patients. Pre-hospital management, critical care and basic concepts of burn surgery related to the acute phase, as well as the use of skin and skin substitutes in early stages of therapy are addressed in this volume. Chapters on supportive therapies such as optimizing nutrition and fluid homeostasis, infection control and treatment, respiratory support and pain management complete the comprehensive approach to the patient in this early stage of treatment, while chapters on epidemiology, prevention and disaster management enable the reader to evaluate the given information in a broader context.
- Serves as a reference book on complex management of acute care in burn patients .- Presents advances in research and treatment .- Edited and written by world leading authorities in burn care
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!