- Professor Tuncay Ulug, MD, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Istanbul, Turkey
Master the challenges of temporal bone surgery with this practical, full-color atlas
Beautifully illustrated and comprehensive, this must-have atlas guides readers through the delicate, high-risk surgical approaches they need to successfully manage pathology of the temporal bone, the most complex anatomic area in the human body.
Each consistently organized chapter addresses a different technique, beginning with a clear definition of the approach followed by a discussion of indications and key information on anatomic orientation, surgical steps, and, in many cases, surgical anatomy. Clearly labeled, full-color illustrations accompany step-by-step descriptions of common and unique operative techniques. The author, a world-renowned otorhinolaryngologist, provides detailed explanations of important anatomic landmarks and advice on how to choose the appropriate instruments at each surgical stage.
- More than 300 full-color photographs and diagrams that orient the reader to the clinical setting
- Helpful pointers appear throughout the text to help readers hone their surgical skills
- Definitions and tips are incorporated as footnotes in each chapter for quick and easy reference
- A thought-provoking section presenting surgical techniques, instruments, and prostheses that were developed and designed by the author
- Extensive glossary that contains the most frequently used terms in otology and neurotology
An ideal companion for use in both the dissection laboratory and the operating room,Atlas of Temporal Bone Surgery is an indispensable one-stop reference for otologists, neurotologists, and any specialist involved in skull base surgery or otolaryngology.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!