- Hisham M. Mehanna, PhD, BMedSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCS, FRCS ( ORL-HNS), Director, Institute of Head and Neck Studies and Education, Consultant Head–Neck and Thyroid Surgeon, Chair, Head and Neck Surgery at the School of Cancer Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- K. Kian Ang, MD, PhD, FACR, FASTRO, Professor, and holder of the Gilbert H. Fletcher Memorial Distinguished Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Despite significant progress in the treatment of head and neck cancer using new techniques, including organ preservation strategies, recurrence still occurs in up to 50% of patients with locally advanced disease. Head and Neck Cancer Recurrence is the first comprehensive, evidence-based reference on this complex condition, providing state-of-the-art strategies for treating and managing recurrence at each site within the head and neck. With this book at hand, specialists will have guidelines for detecting the presence of a tumor, evaluating the extent and likelihood of successful salvage, determining the most effective treatment modalities, and assessing the potential impact on outcome and function.
- Brings together all the current evidence and expertise on the epidemiology, risk factors, clinical and imaging evaluation, and management of recurrent head and neck cancer tumors
- Includes both curative and palliative approaches, and discusses surgical, radiotherapeutic, and chemotherapeutic strategic options
- Contains substantial contributions by specialists in speech and language therapy, palliative care, psychology, epidemiology, and clinical cancer nursing to provide a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to the management of recurrence of head and neck cancers
- Brings the decision-making process to life with illustrative case studies that contain patient histories, clinical findings, treatment planning, and documented results
The combination of the most recent clinical advances with the latest thinking in the field makes this book an essential resource for all head and neck surgeons, clinical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurse practitioners, allied health professionals and senior trainees working to improve patient management and outcomes in this challenging arena.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!