- MarioSanna, MD, Professor of Otolaryngology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza and Rome, Italy
- Hiroshi Sunose, MD, Professor of Otolaryngology, Department of Otolaryngology, Medical Center East, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
- Fernando Mancini, MD, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza and Rome, Italy, Ospedale Koelleker, Turin, Italy
- Alessandra Russo,MD, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza and Rome, Italy
- Abdelkader Taibah, MD, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza and Rome, Italy
- Maurizio Falcioni, MD, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza and Rome, Italy
Highly visual, step-by-step account of every type of middle ear and mastoid microsurgery
Wonderfully illustrated…sets the bar quite high…recommended for any surgeon considering middle ear and mastoid surgery. — Otology and Neurotology (of the first edition)
Based on more than 30 years’ experience and over 20,000 clinical cases, the second edition ofMiddle Ear and Mastoid Microsurgery presents detailed, step-by-step procedures for the full spectrum of otologic disorders, from assessment and preoperative considerations to descriptions of both common and complex surgeries. The superb intraoperative images and schematic drawings, combined with instructional text, facilitate an in-depth understanding of surgical anatomy and operative steps that is unparalleled in the literature.
New to the second edition of this landmark text:
- Nearly 1,800 vivid, full-color intraoperative images that take readers through every operative sequence and offer a unified management approach to all procedures
- Expanded chapter on temporal bone anatomy and dissection with CT scans correlated to dissection images of normal temporal bone, which is crucial for a full understanding of surgical anatomy and 3-D relationships between important structures
- Updated chapter on paragangliomas, offering proven surgical solutions to this difficult pathology
- Revised section on hemipetrosectomy, with treatments for intractable otorrhea in dead ears and other severe pathologies widely infiltrating the middle ear
- Overview of new approaches to glomus tumor surgery
- Coverage of the remarkable advances in cochlear implant technology for profound sensorineural hearing loss
Complete with general operating room principles, anesthesia, and technical considerations, plus guidance, pitfalls, problems and potential complications, this comprehensive book is an in-depth review of modern middle ear surgery. From temporal bone anatomy to canalplasty to stapes surgery, it sets the standard as the authoritative, one-stop reference for all otologic surgeons, residents, and medical students.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!