- Juergen Kraemer, MD, Professor Emeritus, Formerly Orthopedic University Clinic, St. Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany, Institute for Spine Research, at the Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
The definitive guide to intervertebral disk diseases
The new edition of this book provides the current information on the diagnostic techniques and therapeutic approaches that will help clinicians optimize care for patients with intervertebral disk disease. The book covers the full range of problems frequently encountered in the clinical setting, including traumatic injuries, non-degenerative disk-diseases, and the numerous clinical syndromes of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine.
For each syndrome, the book provides the definition and prevalence, anatomy, biomechanics, pathological anatomy and pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and the conservative and surgical treatment options.
Features of the third edition:
- New information on the biomechanics of the spine, pain management recent advances in spinal injection techniques, and microsurgical treatment of lumbar disk herniation
- More than 560 high-quality illustrations and images, including MRIs, demonstrating key concepts
- In-depth coverage of essential background information for management, rehabilitation, and preventive treatment
- Comprehensive online references to aid further research
With its accessible presentation and comprehensive scope, this book is a valuable reference for all practicing physicians, specialists in spine surgery, orthopaedists, neurosurgeons, and residents in these specialties.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!