- Alex B. Valadka, M.D., F.A.C.S., Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Chief of Neurosurgery, Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Brian T. Andrews, M.D., F.A.C.S., Chairman, Division of Neurosurgery, Vice Chairman, Department of Neurosciences, California Pacific Medical Center, Attending Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California–San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Winner of Association of American Publishers Clinical Medicine Book Award, 2005
Combining new, evidence-based literature with the hands-on experience of leading specialists, this book provides the practical approach clinicians need, especially when dealing with an emergency situation. Each chapter examines a question frequently encountered during neurotrauma care, offering clear and succinct answers to core topics. Most importantly, internationally recognized experts explain why they agree or disagree with a specific study, adding unique insights into vital patient management issues.
- Tightly focused chapters target key questions for quick and easy reference
- Answers reflect the best available data, ensuring accuracy and underscoring the validity of the authors’ recommendations
- Top authorities in the field draw on their own clinical experience to provide differing viewpoints
- Valuable coverage of related topics, such as resuscitation methods, classification of head and spinal cord injuries, imaging protocols for head injuries, postacute care, and moreThrough reliable data and respected opinions, this text is sure to improve your diagnostic and decision-making skills. An ideal way to ”confer” with the experts, it belongs in the libraries of all neurosurgeons, trauma specialists, general surgeons, neurologists, and emergency room physicians.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!