- Jack Jallo, MD, PhD, FACS, Associate Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, PhD, FACS, Professor, Departments of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The latest techniques for managing trauma and critical care of spine patients
Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Spineprovides a concise review of the current surgical interventions and medical treatments for patients with traumatic spine injuries. Experts in the fields of neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery lead clinicians through each stage of patient care, from prehospital care to initial assessment to diagnostic work up and finally through operative and nonoperative treatments. The book places special emphasis on critical care of the patient and provides insight into future techniques for management.
- Review of fundamental science concepts, including pathophysiology, spinal cord regeneration, and the biomechanics of the spine
- Guidelines for selecting appropriate imaging modalities and administering diagnostic tests, such as electrophysiological studies
- Thorough descriptions of preoperative evaluation and medical optimization of the patient
- Chapters covering such important topics as pediatric management, multidisciplinary approaches to rehabilitation and recovery, socioeconomic issues, and ethical issues
- Summary tables that synthesize the literature and provide an overview of treatment options
- More than 130 high-quality illustrations demonstrating key concepts
Guiding clinicians from assessment through rehabilitation, this book presents a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach that will enable neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, trauma and emergency specialists, and residents in these specialties to optimize patient care.
The companion volume to this book is Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Brain .
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!