- Philip A. Starr, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
- Nicholas M. Barbaro, MD, Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Co-director, Division of Neurological Disorders, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, California
- Paul S. Larson, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Attending Surgeon, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Hospital and Medical Center, San Francisco, California
Comprehensive coverage of the latest techniques in functional neurosurgery
Part of the second edition of the classicNeurosurgical Operative Atlas series, Functional Neurosurgery provides step-by-step guidance on the innovative and established techniques for managing epilepsy, pain, and movement disorders. This atlas covers the current surgical procedures, providing concise descriptions of indications and surgical approaches, as well as recommendations for how to avoid and manage postoperative complications. The authors describe the underlying physiological principles and state-of-the art recording techniques that are used for brain localization. This edition addresses topics that are rarely covered in other texts, including motor cortex stimulation for neuropathic pain, novel technical approaches for insertion of deep brain stimulator electrodes, and radiosurgery for movement disorders.
- New chapters on the evolving indications for deep brain stimulation, frameless neuronavigation techniques, and interventional MRI-guided treatments
- More than 650 high-quality images demonstrating anatomy and surgical steps
- Consistent format in all chapters to enhance ease of use
Ideal for neurosurgeons and residents, this operative atlas is a practical surgical guide that will serve as both a reference and a refresher prior to performing a specific procedure.
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Thieme have collaborated to produce the second edition of the acclaimedNeurosurgical Operative Atlas series. Edited by leading experts in the field, the series covers the entire spectrum of neurosurgery in five volumes. In addition to Functional Neurosurgery, the series also features:
- Neuro-Oncology, edited by Behnam Badie
- Spine and Peripheral Nerves, edited by Christopher Wolfla and Daniel K. Resnick
- Pediatric Neurosurgery, edited by James Tait Goodrich
- Vascular Neurosurgery, edited by R. Loch Macdonald
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!