- Oliver F. Adunka, MD, Assistant Professor, Otology/Neurotology/Skull Base Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Craig A. Buchman, MD, FACS, Professor and Vice Chairman for Clinical A ff airs, Otology/Neurotology/Skull Base Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The essentials of otology, neurotology, and lateral skull base surgery in a concise, full-color reference
Otology, Neurotology, and Lateral Skull Base Surgery: An Illustrated Handbook combines the most relevant information on this complex subspecialty into a comprehensive, yet highly accessible resource.
Chapters feature succinct explanatory text combined with clear, carefully formulated color plates to help readers quickly grasp the complex nature of the underlying basic principles, the various diagnostic tools, as well as disease-specific medical and surgical management. An extensive chapter provides dedicated coverage of contemporary surgical techniques for the ear and temporal bone, and of the special considerations relevant for neurotologic disorders. The book closes with a temporal bone dissection guide specifically designed for residents that illustrates the intricate anatomy of the temporal bone using high-quality cadaver images.
- Offers a straightforward overview of the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the temporal bone and central auditory and vestibular pathways
- Reviews the entire subspecialty of otology, neurotology, and lateral skull base surgery and covers both medical and surgical concepts
- Includes over 830 full-color illustrations arranged on 158 color plates
- Provides a comprehensive dissection guide for use in the temporal bone lab
This handbook is the ideal study tool and easy-to-use reference for otolaryngology residents, fellows in subspecialty training, and practicing otolaryngologists during clinical routine.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!