- Reinhard Schnettler, MD, Professor and Director, Department of Orthopedic Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
- Hans-Ulrich Steinau, MD, Professor and Director, Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
A practice-oriented reference for the clinical management of osteomyelitis
This concise and superbly illustrated surgical manual provides step-by-step instruction on how to effectively manage acute and chronic bone and joint infections. The book opens with a discussion of the pathophysiology and classification of this challenging disease. Leading clinicians discuss diagnostic procedures, including imaging and nuclear medicine techniques, and cover different methods of antibiotic therapy. The book then guides readers through a range of techniques for the surgical treatment of osteomyelitis, plastic and reconstructive techniques for primary treatment and prevention of infections, procedures for managing infected prostheses, and arthrodeses for infected joints.
- Practical notes, tips, tricks, and pitfalls highlighted in color-coded boxes
- Numerous case studies offering treatment examples for daily practice
- To-the-point descriptions and clear presentation of complex material
- More than 500 high-quality radiographic images, full-color illustrations, and photos demonstrating the anatomy and surgical techniques
Ideal as a quick reference prior to surgery,Septic Bone and Joint Surgery is a practical guide for clinicians and residents in orthopedic surgery, general surgery, and plastic surgery.
It is an ideal volume for the young orthopedic surgeon. – Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons July 2011
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!