- Atul Goel, MCh, Professor and Head, Department of Neurosurgery, Seth G.S. Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India , Consultant Neurosurgeon, Tata Memorial Hospital and Lilavati Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai, India
- Francesco Cacciola, MD, Consultant Neurosurgeon, U.O.C. Neurochirurgia 1, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Siena, Italy
The latest management strategies for complex lesions of the craniovertebral junction
Written by masters in the field, The Craniovertebral Junction: Diagnosis, Pathology, Surgical Techniques provides in-depth coverage of up-to-date management principles for this delicate anatomic region.
After a brief introduction to anatomy, biomedical considerations, and embryology, the multidisciplinary team of authors, led by Professor Goel, discusses in detail the most innovative fixation and stabilization techniques for atlantoaxial dislocation, as well as congenital,infective, and acquired anomalies in the craniovertebral junction region. Each concise chapter focuses on a single pathology to guide readers through the nuances of these intricate and demanding surgical procedures.
- Discusses in detail Professor Goel’s groundbreaking treatment methods – now accepted as standards in the field
- Covers state-of-the-art protocols and techniques, including alternative treatment protocols for irreducible and rotatory atlantoaxial dislocation and more
- Introduces a novel concept of craniovertebral realignment
- Over 1,000 high-quality drawings, radiographs, and full-color photographs demonstrate surgery and anatomy and enhance the text
- Contains a full section Casebook featuring 22 well-illustrated cases displaying a wealth of pathology
- Text is rounded out by practical advice on how to manage trauma, degenerative disorders, infections, and tumors
This fully illustrated manual fills the current gap in craniovertebral junction literature with the clear, accessible information every neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon, and spine surgeon needs.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!