- Franco DeMonte, MD, FRCSC, FACS, Professor of Neurosurgery and Head and Neck Surgery, Mary Beth Pawelek Chair in Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Michael W. McDermott, MD, Professor, Vice-chairman, Department of Neurosurgery, Director, Patient Care Services, Co-director, Skull Base Surgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Programs, Robert and Ruth Halperin Chair in Meningioma Research, University of California–San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Ossama Al-Mefty, MD, FACS, Director, Skull Base Surgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Foremost authorities present the milestone text on meningioma management, now in a fully updated Second Edition
Al-Mefty’s Meningiomas, Second Edition is the definitive guide to meningioma diagnosis, treatment, and surgery, and reflects over a decade of major advances in the diagnosis and management of both intracranial and spinal meningiomas since the first edition was published.
The text begins with important information on anatomy, pathology, and epidemiology, followed by clinical and preoperative considerations. The expert authors then provide detailed descriptions of state-of-the-art surgical approaches listed by anatomical site and special operative considerations for intracranial meningiomas. The book closes with incisive discussion of breakthroughs in radiosurgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- New to this edition: information on molecular biology, natural history and growth rates, the rise of radiosurgery as a viable treatment option, and much more
- Over 500 high-quality radiographic images and full-color illustrations demonstrate anatomy and surgery
- In-depth coverage of intraoperative MRI and endoscopic resection
- Key topics often missing from other meningiomas texts including caseload management, and postoperative quality of life issues
This landmark reference will enhance the precision and surgical skills of every clinician or resident in neurosurgery or neurology.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!