- Juergen Theissing, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Nuremberg Hospital, Nuremberg, Germany
- Gerhard Rettinger, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
- Jochen A. Werner, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Phillips University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Thorough, user-friendly compendium of must-know ENT surgical procedures
[This book is] probably the most succinct, up-to-date collection of current open and minimally invasive otolaryngology techniques available today and will make an excellent addition to a library of a busy otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon. —Yelizaveta Shnayder, MD, Head and Neck , August, 2012
This highly practical surgical guide presents detailed descriptions of the most established and important surgical techniques for the full range of ENT conditions. The expert authors describe the key stages of each procedure in a step-by-step format supplemented by clearly labeled illustrations. Every consistently organized chapter begins with an overview of the basic anatomic, functional, and clinical principles followed by vital information on indications, contraindications, surgical instruments, anesthesia, and postoperative care.
- Over 900 high-quality drawings display the main steps of each procedure
- Easy-to-reference textboxes highlight surgical rules, tips, tricks and risks, and give advice on how to manage potential complications
- The latest information on recent developments in transplantation, cochlear implants, bone-anchored prosthesis, and laser-supported interventions
- Coverage of the full spectrum of plastic and reconstructive surgical techniques, such as external rhinoplasty, scar revision, keloid management, and free skin grafts
This surgical atlas is an indispendable tool for the training otolaryngologist. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology 2011
ENT-Head and Neck Surgery: Essential Procedures is an indispensable companion for all fellows and residents in otolaryngology during training and in daily practice.