- Jonathan S. Citow, MD, Private Practice, Libertyville, Illinois
- R. Loch Macdonald, MD, PhD, Keenan Endowed Chair in Surgery, Head, Division of Neurosurgery, St. Michael’s Hospital, Professor of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Daniel Refai, MD, Chief Resident in Neurosurgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
A new edition of the successful single-volume resource for board preparation
Praise for the previous edition:
An excellent review for the written neurosurgical boards…recommended to all neurosurgery residents. – Journal of Neurosurgery
The second edition of Comprehensive Neurosurgery Board Review contains all the information you need to prepare for the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) written examination. Authored by a team of expert clinicians and neurosurgery trainees who earned top scores on their exams, this edition distills the current knowledge of the neurosciences and essential information for clinical practice. Six chapters provide comprehensive coverage of core concepts in anatomy, physiology, pathology, radiology, neurology, neurosurgery, and critical care.
Features of the second edition:
- Concise descriptions aid rapid review of key concepts
- Bullet-point format enhances ease of use and facilitates comprehension
- Up-to-date coverage of classic symptoms and signs of common neurosurgical diseases
- Current information related to the genetic basis of neurosurgical conditions
- 450 high-quality illustrations and images typical of those appearing on exams
This superb review is an indispensable resource for neurosurgical residents preparing for the ABNS certification exam. It is also ideal for clinicians seeking a refresher or for those preparing for recertification exams.