- Bernard R. Bendok, MD, Associate Professor, Departments of Neurological Surgery and Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Andrew M. Naidech, MD, MSPH, Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, Anesthesiology, and Neurological Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Matthew T. Walker, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology, Chief of Neuroradiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- H. Hunt Batjer, MD, FACS, Michael J. Marchese Professor of Neurological Surgery, Professor and Chair, Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
A practical guide focusing on the four pillars of stroke care
2012 PROSE Award Winner!
Praise for this book:
[This book] is the best single publication on this topic produced to date. It is recommended in the highest terms to all neuroradiologists; in fact, it should be part of the personal library of anyone who deals with stroke.– American Journal of Neuroradiology
Edited by renowned leaders in the field,Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Stroke: Medical, Imaging, Surgical, and Interventional Approachesprovides comprehensive, practical, and cutting-edge information for neurosurgeons, neurologists, radiologists, neurointerventionalists, other health care professionals who care for stroke patients. This go-to reference covers the core of stroke care in a holistic and multidisciplinary approach and will prove essential for physicians and trainees alike.
- The four pillars of stroke care: medical management, imaging, open surgery and neurointerventional surgery, are brought together for the first time, providing a cohesive, strategic methodology for treating stroke patients
- Online access to chapter-specific videos that cover stroke procedures and imaging, complementing and further enhancing its academic and educational values
- More than 200 high-quality images, as well as tables and decision-making algorithms, adds to the user’s interpretation of the text
- The text is written by a who’s who in stroke practice, informing the reader with reliable and reputable authority and expertise
- A set of clinical pearls at the beginning of each chapter highlight key insights on specific topics
- Cutting-edge information on acute stroke imaging and treatment help readers stay current in this dynamic field with an emphasis on advances and innovations
This book will give clinicians the opportunity to learn how their colleagues contribute to patient care and become more knowledgeable and effective team members. It also responds to the exploding cross-specialty interest in the management of stroke.