- Robert F. Keating, MD, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery and Pediatrics, Department of Neurosurgery, Children’s National Medical Center, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, James Tait Goodrich, MD, MPhil, PhD, FRSM (London), Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Leo Davidoff Department of Neurological Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
- Roger J. Packer, MD, Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics, Executive Director, Neuroscience and Behavioral Medicine, Chairman, Department of Neurology, Children’s National Medical Center, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
The first book to present an integrated medical and surgical approach to tumors of the pediatric nervous system, providing a broad array of treatment options.
This is the first book to achieve an integrated medical and surgical approach to tumors of the pediatric nervous system, giving you a broad array of treatment options. You will find full coverage of the newest diagnostic and management techniques, state-of-the-art technologies, molecular biology advances, and the latest trends in the operating theatre. And you will benefit from in-depth discussions of the most commonly seen tumors as well as the rarer and more esoteric ones.
Special benefits of Tumors of the Pediatric Nervous System include:
- Full discussions of medical and surgical treatment protocols, with advantages, disadvantages, complications, and outcomes of each
- Coverage of dramatic advances in genetics, molecular biology and surgery (e.g. endoscopic, frameless, stereotaxy) as well as chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and immunotherapy
- Dozens of case studies by leaders in the field offering important clinical insights
- Numerous algorithms, charts, tables, and management guidelines for at-a-glance summaries of key points
- Nearly 130 full-color pathologic slides
- Cost/benefit analysis integrated throughout
Take advantage of this comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment that is so critical in today’s health care environment. Whether you are a surgeon, oncologist, pediatrician or ancillary specialist, you will find a wealth of broad-based information that enhances patient care and leads to improved outcomes. Stay informed and up-to-date.