- Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, PhD, Vice Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery, Professor of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery, Co-Director of the Delaware Valley Spinal Cord Injury Center, Co-Chief of Spine Surgery and of the Spine Fellowship Program, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Todd J. Albert, MD, Richard H. Rothman Professor and Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery, Professor of Neurosurgery, Co-Chief of Spine Surgery and of the Spine Fellowship Program, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
A new edition of the practical reference for tricks of the trade in spine surgery
Praise for this book:
[Four stars]This book is required reading for orthopedic and neurosurgical fellows and residents…very highly recommend[ed]…outstanding. – Doody’s Review
This best-selling book returns in a second edition covering the major procedures in spine surgery and the latest technical innovations in the field. Retaining the comprehensive scope and accessible presentation of the previous edition, the book distills the basic elements of each procedure using concise descriptions and simple line drawings. New sections of the book cover minimally invasive exposure methods, motion-sparing techniques, and the latest fixation techniques.
- Each chapter outlines the essentials of the procedure in just a few pages
- Consistent presentation throughout the book enhances ease of use
- Tips, pearls, lessons learned, special considerations, pitfalls, and bailout, rescue, and salvage procedures emphasize critical points to help ensure a safe and effective procedure
- Nearly 500 illustrations demonstrate key technical points
Concise and up-to-date, this book serves as an invaluable quick reference prior to surgery. It is ideal for clinicians and residents in spine surgery, orthopedics, and neurosurgery.