- Aldo Cassol Stamm, MD, PhD, Affiliated Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Federal University of São Paulo, Director, Department of Otolaryngology, Hospital Professor Edmundo Vasconcelos, São Paulo, Brazil
Tips and pearls on the latest developments on endoscopic approaches to skull base and brain surgery from experts around the globe
A very well-written textbook for the treatment of skull base pathology. The high-quality operative, dissection, and imaging photographs make this an excellent resource for the skull base surgeon. — Ashutosh Kacker, MBBS, MD, The Laryngoscope
Ideal for both otolaryngologisthead and neck surgeons and neurosurgeons, Transnasal Endoscopic Skull Base and Brain Surgery: Tips and Pearls gathers together in one comprehensive volume invaluable advice from world-renowned authorities on state-of-the-art endoscopic technologies and techniques.
Each succinct chapter begins with a summary of key takeaway points and features an easily accessible outline format. After uniquely detailed coverage of macroscopic and endoscopic anatomy, the expert authors discuss the most up-to-date surgical approaches integrated with key information on technologic advances, such as 3D reconstruction and navigation. Clearly labeled illustrations demonstrate each step of the various procedures. The book closes with practical guidance on postoperative care and guidelines for avoiding and managing the potential complications encountered in these complex surgeries.
- In-depth information on endoscopic surgical procedures for the paranasal sinuses, anterior skull base, and the craniocervical junction
- Easy-to-reference bullet-points in each chapter distill the renowned authors vast experience
- Step-by-step surgical descriptions cover the full spectrum of skull base pathology
- Stunningly detailed illustrations, including more than 500 in full-color, enhance the text throughout
This landmark work will improve the accuracy and precision of every surgeon and fellow in otolaryngologyhead and neck surgery and neurosurgery who deals with this delicate anatomic region.