- Andrew J Davey, LRCP & SI, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, UK
- Ali Diba, BM, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK
First prize winner, Anesthesia Book Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
New to This Edition
The physics and technology of ultrasound gains a devoted chapter, as does patient warming. There are enhancements on depth of anaesthesia monitoring, error management and ultrasound imaging in regional anaesthesia. Particular coverage of supraglottic airway devices substantially augments an extended chapter on airway equipment. Updates throughout, including on the anaesthetic workstation, infusion devices and equipment for anaesthesia in difficult locations, ensure Ward’s remains the most comprehensive and current text on anaesthetic equipment.
- Provides a simple and comprehensive explanation of the function of anaesthetic equipment, ensuring its safe use in clinical practice
- Covers the relevant syllabus required by the FRCA and similar exams taken by trainee anaesthetists
- Clear line diagrams explain the working principles of each piece of equipment