- Eric M. Deshaies, MD, Director, SUNY Upstate Neurovascular Center, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
- Christopher S. Eddleman, MD, PhD, Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurological Surgery and Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Alan S. Boulos, MD, FACS, Herman and Sunny Stall Chair of Neuroendovascular Surgery, Chairman , Department of Neurosurgery, Co-Director , The Neurosciences Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York
Quickly retrieve essential facts, equipment information and clinical pearls when preparing for a neuroendovascular case
Ideal for both newcomers and practitioners of the specialty, Handbook of Neuroendovascular Surgery is both a succinct introduction and a quick reference guide for key concepts and technical information prior to, during, and after a procedure. It progresses logically from basic scientific concepts to equipment and technical aspects to treatment of specific neurovascular diseases, expertly capturing the core information needed in daily practice.
- Contributions by neurosurgeons, radiologists, and neurologists reflect the multidisciplinary nature of neuroendovascular treatment
- Critical summaries of Peri-Procedural Patient Care and Equipment and Techniques to help in case preparation
- Generous use of tables and illustrations create fast visual summaries and distill large amounts of information
- Valuable appendices on routinely used technical information, pathology classification systems, endovascular medications, and full-color pictorials designed for teaching and patient education. The pictorials are available for download at Thieme’s Media Center.
Written by specialists trained in both open cerebrovascular neurosurgery and neuroendovascular surgery, this portable handbook is a treasure trove of practical information that is essential for both beginners and more experienced neurosurgeons who want to refresh their knowledge in state-of-the-art neuroendovascular techniques.