- Donald Wiss MD Southern California Orthopaedic Institute, Van Nuys, CA
Completely updated for its Third Edition, Fractures, the acclaimed Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery volume presents the most advanced, successful surgical techniques for fractures of the upper extremity, lower extremity, pelvis, and acetabulum. The world’s foremost surgeons describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, explain the indications and contraindications, identify pitfalls and potential complications, and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
This edition includes ten new chapters – total elbow arthroplasty, revised shoulder arthroplasty, proximal humerus hemiarthroplasty, extra articular proximal tibial fractures, submuscularis locked plating, subtrochanteric femur fractures, ankle fractures, calcaneal fractures, tibial pilon fractures, tibial pilon fractures, and staged ORIF. Seventeen chapters have been rewritten by new contributing authors and leaders in their field.
- 10 new chapters have been added
- Color intraoperative photos supplemented by line drawings for clarification
- Step-by-step coverage of techniques in fracture care
- World renowned contributors are leaders in their field
- 17 new contributors have been added