- Paul A Lotke MD Professor Emeritus, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Jess H Lonner MD Director of Knee Replacement Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital; Booth, Barlozi, Balderson Orthopaedics, Philadelphia, PA
This volume of the acclaimed Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series is now in its completely revised and updated Third Edition. The world’s foremost experts in knee arthroplasty describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, explain the indications and contraindications, identify pitfalls and potential complications, and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings that reveal underlying anatomy.
This edition has several new contributors drawn from rising stars in orthopaedics. Highlights include a new chapter on minimally invasive procedures, as well as new techniques with smaller incisions, less invasive arthrotomies, and use of navigation for better precision. The revision surgery section has been restructured for easier access.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- NEW: New chapter on minimally invasive procedures
- NEW: Revision surgery restructured for easier access
- NEW: Techniques are changing for shrinking incisions and less invasive arthrotomies and the use of navigation for better precision.
- NEW: New contributors drawn from rising stars in orthopaedics
- Each procedure is broken down to a step-by-step process.
- Extensive use of line drawings and color intra-operative photos to reveal underlying anatomy.