- Douglas W Jackson MD Medical Director, Orthopaedic Research Institute, Memorial Medical Center; President, Memorial Orthopaedic Surgical Group, Long Beach, CA
Featuring fifteen brand-new chapters and twenty thoroughly updated chapters, the Third Edition of this highly acclaimed volume describes the latest techniques for reconstructive knee surgery. The world’s foremost experts share their approaches to extensor mechanism and patellofemoral reconstruction, meniscal repair and fixation, meniscal transplantation, cruciate ligament tunnel placement and fixation, graft harvesting, use of allografts, ACL, PCL, MCL and posterolateral corner reconstruction, opening-wedge osteotomy, computer assisted surgery, arthroscopic chondroplasty, microfracture, osteochondral plugs, chondrocyte transplantation, and pigmented villonodular synovitis resection.
The contributors describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- The world’s foremost surgeons describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail and offer pearls and tips for improving results
- Thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intra-operative photographs, as well as drawings by a noted medical illustrator
- Third Edition has fifteen new chapters on:
- medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction and repair
- patella and/or extensor mechanism allograft reconstruction
- acute quadriceps tendon repair
- patella tendon repair
- meniscus repair: inside-out suture technique
- medial and lateral meniscus transplantation: arthroscopic assisted techniques and clinical outcome
- two bundle technique for ACL reconstruction
- avoiding ACL graft impingement: principles for tunnel placement using the transtibial tunnel technique
- allograft preparation for ACL reconstruction
- arthroscopic-assisted single bundle posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- double bundle posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- inlay posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- guidance system for ACL reconstruction
- computer assisted opening wedge high tibial osteotomy
- allograft osteochondral plugs