- Steven L Moran MD Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- William P Cooney III, MD Consultant, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic; Professor of Orthopedics, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
This new volume of the Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery Series focuses on management of soft tissue in orthopaedic trauma—how to avoid wound problems and correct wound problems that occur. Emphasis is on indications and contraindications for specific incisions and methods for flap coverage in cases of soft tissue loss. World-renowned surgeons with experience in both soft tissue and bone management describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, point out pertinent anatomy, and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text with all images.
- Step-by-step procedures provided to show the exposure and procedure
- Contributors experienced in both soft tissue and bony management
- The world’s foremost surgeons describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail and offer pearls and tips for improving results
- Thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intra-operative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators