- Richard H Gelberman MD Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University, St. Louis, MO
This acclaimed volume of the Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series is now in its Third Edition—thoroughly updated to reflect the latest improvements in operative treatment of traumatic, degenerative, and inflammatory disorders of the wrist. The world’s foremost wrist surgeons describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, explain the indications and contraindications, identify pitfalls and potential complications, and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators. This edition includes new techniques for arthroscopic treatment of a variety of conditions and novel fixation methods for distal radius and scaphoid fractures and nonunions. Also included are new chapters on distal radio-ulnar instability and carpal instability.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- NEW! New techniques for arthroscopic treatment of a variety of conditions
- NEW! Novel fixation methods for distal radius and scaphoid fractures and nonunions
- NEW! New chapters on distal radio-ulnar instability
- NEW! New chapters on carpal instability
- Color intraoperative photographs are used throughout
- Each chapter is authored by a worldwide-recognized authority
- Each technique is presented in clear, step-by-step manner
- Photographs are often accompanied by a line drawing to further clarify the procedure