- Steven D Wexner MD, FACS, FRCS, FRCS(Ed) Chief Academic Officer and Emeritus Chief of Staff, Cleveland Clinic; Professor and Chair, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Florida Atlantic University College of Medicine; Affiliate Dean for Cli
- James W Fleshman MD Professor of Surgery, Washington University, St. Louis, MO; Chief of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chief of Surgery, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Master Techniques in General Surgery: Colon and Rectal Surgery: Abdominal Operations is a volume in a series that presents common and advanced procedures in the major subspecialities of general surgery. The series is overseen by Josef F. Fischer, MD, editor of the classic two-volume reference Mastery of Surgery.
Master Techniques in General Surgery: Colon and Rectal Surgery: Abdominal Operations is written by acknowledged master surgeons, emphasizes surgical procedures, and is lavishly illustrated with original full-color drawings. The contributors fully explain their preferred techniques in step-by-step, thoroughly illustrated detail, assess indications and contraindications, offer guidelines on preoperative planning, and discuss outcomes, complications, and follow-up.
Coverage includes left and right colon resections performed open and laparoscopically, colectomies, proctocolectomies, restorative and reconstructive techniques for proctocolectomy and pelvis reconstruction, stoma construction and how to repair complications of stoma construction, and treatment of rectal prolapse.
A companion website will offer fully searchable content of the book, an image bank, and procedural videos.
- Over 200 original full-color drawings
- Step-by-step guidance from over 75 masters in their field
- Website with fully searchable text, an image bank, and procedural videos