- Steven D Wexner MD, FACS, FRCS, FRCS(Ed) Chief Academic Officer and Emeritus Chief of Staff, Cleveland Clinic; Professor and Chair, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Florida Atlantic University College of Medicine; Affiliate Dean for Cli
- James W Fleshman MD Professor of Surgery, Washington University, St. Louis, MO; Chief of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chief of Surgery, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Master Techniques in General Surgery: Colon and Rectal Surgery: Anorectal Operations is a volume in a series that presents common and advanced procedures in the major subspecialities of general surgery. The series is overseen by Josef F. Fischer, MD, editor of the classic two-volume reference Mastery of Surgery.
Master Techniques in General Surgery: Colon and Rectal Surgery: Anorectal Operations is written by acknowledged master surgeons, emphasizes surgical procedures, and is lavishly illustrated with original full-color drawings. The contributors fully explain their preferred techniques in step-by-step, thoroughly illustrated detail, assess indications and contraindications, offer guidelines on preoperative planning, and discuss outcomes, complications, and follow-up.
Coverage includes hemorrhoidectomies, anal fistula and sphincter procedures, procedures for perineal prolapse and excision of rectal carcinoma, among others.
A companion website will offer fully searchable content of the book, an image bank, and procedural videos.
- Over 100 original full-color drawings
- Step-by-step guidance from over 40 masters in their field
- Website with fully searchable text, an image bank, and procedural videos