- Martin M Malawer MD Director, Orthopedic Oncology, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC; Consultant, Surgical Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- James C Wittig MD
- Jacob Bickels MD
Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgical Oncology provides full-color, step-by-step explanations of all operative procedures in orthopaedic oncology. This text contains the chapters from the oncology section in Sam W. Wiesel’s Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Written by experts from leading institutions around the world, this superbly illustrated volume focuses on mastery of operative techniques and also provides a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect. Accompanying the book is a companion website with the fully searchable text and procedural videos.
The user-friendly format is ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure. Each procedure is broken down step by step, with full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique. Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference.
Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Full-color, step-by-step explanations of all operative procedures in orthopaedic surgical oncology
- Written by outstanding experts from leading institutions around the world
- Over 1,300 images
- User-friendly format, ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure
- Full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings demonstrate how to perform each technique
- Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference