- John M Rhee MD
- Scott D Boden MD
- John M Flynn MD
Operative Techniques in Spine Surgery provides full-color, step-by-step explanations of all operative procedures in spine surgery. It contains 19 chapters from the spine section and 10 chapters from the pediatric section of Dr. Sam W. Wiesel’sOperative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery, as well as 18 new chapters covering advanced procedures. Written by experts from leading institutions around the world, this superbly illustrated volume focuses on mastery of operative techniques and also provides a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect.
The user-friendly format is ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure. Each procedure is broken down step by step, with full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique. Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference.
Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- Full-color, step-by-step explanations of operative procedures in spine surgery
- Written by outstanding experts from leading institutions around the world
- Over 1,200 intraoperative photographs and drawings demonstrate how to perform each technique
- User-friendly format, ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure
- Each procedure is broken down step by step
- Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format
- physical exams
- natural history
- physical findings
- imaging and diagnostic studies
- differential diagnosis
- non-operative management
- surgical management
- pearls and pitfalls
- postoperative care