- Sam W Wiesel MD Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC; Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery is the first major new comprehensive text and reference on surgical techniques in orthopaedics. Written by over 800 experts from leading institutions around the world, this superbly illustrated four-volume reference focuses on mastery of operative techniques and also provides a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect.
The user-friendly format is ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure. Each procedure is broken down step by step, with full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings that demonstrate how to perform each technique. Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference.
Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format: definition, anatomy, physical exams, pathogenesis, natural history, physical findings, imaging and diagnostic studies, differential diagnosis, non-operative management, surgical management, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications. The text is broken into the following sections: Adult Reconstruction; Foot and Ankle; Hand, Wrist, and Forearm; Oncology; Pediatrics; Pelvis and Lower Extremity Trauma; Shoulder and Elbow; Sports Medicine; and Spine. To ensure that the material fully meets residents’ needs, the text was reviewed by a Residency Advisory Board.
The 4-volume set comes with a companion website featuring the fully searchable contents and an image bank.
- The first major new comprehensive text and reference on surgical techniques in orthopaedics
- Written by over 800 experts from leading institutions around the world
- Over 12,500 illustrations8,000 in full color
- Focuses on mastery of operative techniques
- User-friendly format, ideal for quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure
- Each procedure is broken down step by step
- Full-color intraoperative photographs and drawings demonstrate how to perform each technique
- Extensive use of bulleted points and tables allows quick and easy reference
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same format
- physical exams
- natural history
- physical findings
- imaging and diagnostic studies
- differential diagnosis
- non-operative management
- surgical management
- pearls and pitfalls
- postoperative care
- Text was reviewed by a Residency Advisory Board to ensure that the material fully meets residents’ needs