- Manoj Ramachandran, BSc(Hons) MBBS(Hons) MRCS(Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth), Consultant Paediatric and Young Adult Orthopaedic Surgeon, Barts and the London NHS Trust, London; Honorary Senior Lecturer, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary’s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, UK
- Marc A Gladman, MBBS DRCOG DFFP PhD MRCOG MRCS(Eng) FRCS(Gen Surg), Professor of Surgery, Blacktown / Mount Druitt Hospitals in Sydney, Australia; Chair of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
This book of over 140 cases is designed for candidates preparing for all surgical examinations, whether at undergraduate, postgraduate or exit examination level. It will demystify and simplify the clinical assessment of surgical cases and provides invaluable advice on how to achieve success. The text includes top tips, acronyms and up-to-date summaries of current practice based on the authors’ personal experience of surgical examinations.
New to This Edition
- This fully revised Second Edition is now in colour and includes photographs of key manoeuvres performed during specific surgical examination routines
- Includes a new section on communication skills
- A new co-author in academic surgery joins the project.
- Cases are graded in terms of likely appearance in the examinations.
- Top tips emphasize specific subjects which cause confusion.
- The text provides advice on the most appropriate time to finish an examination.
- Examples of the common procedures and props that come up in the skill-based examination format are included.