- Hubert John, Department of Urology, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Peter Wiklund, Department of Urology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Internationally, there is a very evident trend towards increased use of minimally invasive approaches when performing surgical procedures, and robotics is playing a vital role in this context.
In this second, revised edition of Robotic Urology, leading robotic surgeons from around the world pool their knowledge to provide an updated manual that covers all the oncologic and reconstructive procedures in urologic surgery that are performed with robotic assistance. Each operation is described in detail, with careful explanation of the different surgical steps and numerous high-quality anatomic illustrations and color surgical photos. An additional feature is the inclusion of extensive references to the scientific literature that support the body of information provided in the book.
As well as offering excellent guidance on the application of robotic surgery in urology, the book will serve as an ideal reference work for all urologists and should contribute in supporting new robotic teams and further popularizing robotic surgery.
- Updated second edition covering all oncologic and reconstructive procedures in urologic surgery that are performed with robotic assistance
- Detailed, step-by-step guidance on the performance of each operation
- Numerous high-quality anatomic illustrations and color surgical photos