- F. Alan Barber
- Scott P. Fischer
Step-by-step surgical techniques from leading orthopedic experts
The continued expansion of arthroscopic techniques has led to rapid recognition and treatment of a wide variety of shoulder and elbow pathologies. This convenient new book covers the most frequently performed open and arthroscopic surgical procedures of the shoulder and elbow in a simplified, easy-to-understand format.
Each chapter is written by leading experts in that particular area who present a clear, concise, and stepwise approach to the techniques being discussed. Hundreds of high-quality photographs and drawings demonstrate the different steps of the procedures, along with succinctly written text in an outline/notation format. The consistent layout throughout the book provides quick access to the information you need.
Covering 53 different surgical operations, the text addresses topics such as: ligament instability; joint resection; thermal treatment; rotator cuff repairs; nerve release; and much more! It provides several treatment alternatives to each problem, including arthroscopic solutions. In every chapter, you’ll also find tips, pearls, indications, contraindications, special considerations, instrumentation, postoperative protocol, and rehabilitation care.
Special features of Surgical Techniques for the Shoulder and Elbow:
- Convenient outline format allows rapid review of the information you need — with key guidelines on avoiding problems
- Step-by-step instructions on performing more than 50 procedures
- A who’s who in shoulder and elbow surgery — including Champ Baker, Robert Bell, JamesEsch, Scott Rodeo, Felix Savoie, and more — share their clinical experiences
- Includes both arthroscopic and open surgical solutions for each situation
- More than 400 illustrations provide detailed explanations of the techniques
Here is the single-volume surgical guide for orthopedic surgeons and residents who need to stay abreast of the latest procedures for the shoulder and elbow. Whether you’re new to the field or need a quick introduction to an unfamiliar technique; get all the facts in this easy-to-read text.