- James P. Stannard
- Andrew H. Schmidt
- Philip J. Kregor
A landmark text on trauma management with 4 DVDs!
Winner of First Prize in Orthopaedics and Rheumatology at the 2008 British Medical Association Medical Book Competition
Winner of Association of American Publishers Best Book in Clinical Medicine, 2007
This landmark multimedia reference presents the most current information on surgical treatments of a wide range of injuries, from complex pelvic and spinal trauma to periarticular fractures and knee dislocations. For each injury, the authors guide the reader from the clinical evaluation, through the decision-making process, and to the surgical procedure. Each chapter provides a thorough review of surgical anatomy, streamlined discussion of the classification of the injury, the non-operative treatments available, and the indications for surgical treatment. Concise, step-by-step descriptions of surgical techniques are supplemented by carefully edited videos of surgical procedures on four accompanying DVDs, containing over 18 hours of video footage.
Highlights of the book:
- Tips and Tricks summarize key points of each procedure for rapid review in preparation for surgery
- Exam Pearls describe injuries, incidence, indications for surgery, and possible complications and are ideal for board preparation
- More than 1,400 photographs, radiographs, and drawings illustrate techniques
- New Techniques sections cover the latest innovations for surgical management
- A separate table of contents for the four DVDs and shaded text boxes throughout the book enable convenient book-to-video reference
Highlights of the DVDs:
- Narrated videos of entire surgical procedures provide a window into the operating rooman invaluable resource for residents and general orthopedic surgeons who do not perform trauma procedures regularly
- Coverage of state-of-the-art techniques such as locked plating, minimally invasive fracture fixation, advanced intramedullary nailing strategies, staged reconstruction of periarticular fractures, new techniques for hip hemiarthroplasty, surgical management of knee dislocation, including double bundle ACL and PCL knee reconstruction, and the use of temporary postoperative hinged external fixation
- Each DVD has been professionally produced and features high-quality audio, special effects, and multiple camera angles for each procedure
Authoritative and comprehensive in its scope, this landmark text will be an invaluable asset in libraries of all orthopedic surgeons, residents, or specialists seeking a comprehensive and didactic reference.