- Christopher C. Madden, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Family Medicine, Sports and Family Medicine Physician, Private Practice, Longs Peak Family Practice, Longmont, Colorado, Team Physician, Niwot High School, Niwot, Colorado
- Margot Putukian, MD, FACSM, Director of Athletic Medicine, Head Team Physician, Princeton University, Associate Clinical Professor, Robert Wood Johnson, UMDNJ, University Health Services, Princeton, New Jersey, Team Physician, U.S. Soccer, President 2004-2005, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Craig C. Young, MD, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Community and , Family Medicine, Medical Director of Sports Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Team Physician, Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee Brewers, U.S. National , Snowboard Team, President 2007-2008, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Eric C. McCarty, MD, Associate Professor, Chief of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Fellowship Director, Colorado Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship, Director of Sports Medicine, University of Colorado Department of Athletics, Head Team Physician, University of Colorado, Head Team Physician, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
Netter’s Sports Medicine, by Christopher C. Madden, MD, Margot Putukian, MD, FACSM, Craig C. Young, MD, and Eric C. McCarty, MD, is a reference designed to help you meet the challenges presented by your patients in this growing interdisciplinary field. More than 1,000 Netter images, along with photos of physical examination techniques and imaging examples, provide a rich visual understanding, while a bulleted text format, combined with a user-friendly organization by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports, makes reference quick and easy. Discussions of a full range of sports—traditional as well as less common—ensure that the coverage is comprehensive and up to date. From pre-participation exams, musculoskeletal injuries, sports nutrition, and sports psychology…to general medical problems in athletes…this reference equips you with the guidance you need to keep your patients at the top of their game.
- Presents more than 1,000 Netter illustrations accompanied by photos of physical examination techniques, radiographs, and other imaging techniques—including CT and MRI—that equip you with a rich visual understanding of sports medicine.
- Features a bulleted text format for quick-read guidance.
- Organizes information by specific types of injuries as well as different types of sports for an easy-to-access reference.
- Discusses traditional along with less common sports for comprehensive coverage that is up to date.
- Includes a section that examines considerations for specific athlete populations, including children, women, the senior athlete and the physically challenged, to help you meet their special needs.
- Presents the cross-disciplinary contributions of primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, dentists, orthopaedic surgeons, and others, who provide a well-rounded perspective on the subject.
- Combines current, evidence-based information with expert clinical guidance for a high-yield reference.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!