- Stephen McMahon, FMedSci, FSB, Sherrington Professor of Physiology, Director, London Pain Consortium, Academic Lead, Europain, Wolfson Centre for Age-Related Diseases, King’s College London, UK
- Martin Koltzenburg, MD, FRCP, Professor of Clinical Neurophysiology, UCL Institute of Neurology; Co-Director, MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, University College London; Head of Department, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosuryger, UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, Queen Square, London, UK
- Irene Tracey, MA (Oxon.), PhD, FRCA, Nuffield Professor of Anaesthetic Science; Director, Oxford Centre for FMRI of Brain; Head, Nuffield Division Anaesthetics, Nuttfield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Dennis C. Turk, PhD, John and Emma Bonica Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Research, Director, Center for Pain Research on Impact, Measurement, And Effectiveness (C-PRIME), Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicien, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Apply the latest scientific and clinical advances with Wall & Melzack’s Textbook of Pain, 6th Edition. Drs. Stephen McMahon, Martin Koltzenburg, Irene Tracey, and Dennis C. Turk, along with more than 125 other leading authorities, present all of the latest knowledge about the genetics, neurophysiology, psychology, and assessment of every type of pain syndrome. They also provide practical guidance on the full range of today’s pharmacologic, interventional, electrostimulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options.
New to This Edition
- Translate scientific findings into clinical practice with updates on the genetics of pain, new pharmacologic and treatment information, and much more.
- Easily visualize important scientific concepts with a high-quality illustration program, now in full color throughout.
- Choose the safest and most effective management methods with expanded coverage of anesthetic techniques.
- Stay abreast of the latest global developments regarding opioid induced hyperalgesia, addiction and substance abuse, neuromodulation and pain management, identification of specific targets for molecular pain, and other hot topics.
- Benefit from the international, multidisciplinary knowledge and experience of a “who’s who” of international authorities in pain medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, palliative medicine, and other relevant fields.
- Access the complete contents online anytime, anywhere at www.expertconsult.com.