- A. Julianna Gulya, MD, Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, The George Washington University, Washington DC, Former Chief of Clinical Trials Branch, National Institute on Deafness & Communication Disorders, Bethesda MD
- Lloyd B. Minor, MD, Andelot Professor and Chair, Department of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore MD, Former President of Association for Research in Otology, Former Chair Auditory Research Study, National Institutes of Health 2003-2005
- Dennis S. Poe, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, Department of Otolaryngology at Children’s Hospital, Boston MA, Visiting Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, Tampere University Medical School, Tampere, Finland,
Updated with new color graphics and new video CD of surgical and diagnostic procedures, this 6th edition retains its heritage as the classic textbook in otology and neurotology. Coverage includes scientific foundations and fundamentals, clinical evaluation and rehabilitation, and sections on the external ear, inner ear, tympanomastoid compartment, internal auditory canal/Cerebellopontine angle/petrous apex and skull-based surgery.
This edition integrates all the latest research in genetics, biotechnical advancements in laser and image-guided systems, and clinical innovations and techniques of the past 7 years. Woven throughout is an intriguing historical overview of those who pioneered the early surgical interventions from 1950 to the present and the influences on current clinical practice.
Editors of this edition, Julianna Gulya, Lloyd Minor andDennis Poe, are internationally renowned figures in the field of otology/neurotology. This 6th edition enormously benefits from their editorial direction and wealth of knowledge and clinical expertise. SOTE 6 remains the classic text and reference of choice for otolaryngologists and neurosurgeons and an essential addition to the libraries of experienced surgeons, trainees, or those preparing for board exams.
New Chapters written by well-recognized leaders that include the latest research and clinical studies include:
- Tumor Biology
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy
- Ossicular Reconstruction
- Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks
- Surgical Treatment of Peripheral Vestibular Disorders
- Hearing Aids
- Tinnitus Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Updated Temporal Bone Dissection Guide