- Nathaniel J Soper MD Loyal and Edith Davis Professor and Chair, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Lee L Swanström MD Clinical Professor of Surgery, Oregon Health and Sciences University; The Oregon Clinic, Portland, OR
- W. Stephen Eubanks MD Professor and Chairman, Hugh E. Stephenson, Jr. Department of Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
This text/atlas is a comprehensive guide to minimally invasive procedures in general surgery. Chapters are authored by world-renowned experts in this technology, who share their firsthand operative experience, emphasizing decision-making, anatomy, and key steps in the operations. The Third Edition features expanded sections on the esophagus, gastrointestinal tract, liver and biliary tract, pancreas and spleen, and small and large bowel, new sections on state-of-the-art surgical tools and bariatric surgery, and new chapters on esophageal lengthening, duodenal switch, and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES).
Full-color photographs and drawings complement the text throughout. Each chapter concludes with comments from the editors.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- Uses full-color artwork throughout the text.
- Each chapter concludes with comments from the editors.
- Employs a unique text/atlas format.
Third Edition Highlights
- New chapters on duodenal switch and esophageal lengthening
- New sections on bariatric surgery and the latest surgical tools
- New chapters on natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES)