- David Thordarson
Foot and Ankle, Second Edition, the best selling volume in the Orthopaedics Essentials Series, delivers the fundamental information residents need to excel during their foot and ankle surgery rotations. Expert coverage of relevant anatomy, biomechanics, physical examination, and orthotics – followed by vital information on the diagnosis and treatment of specific problems encountered in the foot and ankle clinical are included.
The reader-friendly format lets you read the book cover to cover during a rotation or use it as a quick reference before a patient work-up or operation. This comprehensive reference contains clinically focused information, preparing you for the challenges of trauma, infection, and reconstructive surgery.
- Overview of foot and ankle surgery organized by pathological process provides a concise and accessible review of the subspecialty
- Clinically focused information prepares you for the challenges of trauma, infection, and reconstructive surgery, including a range of procedures from osteotomies to tendon transfers
- Detailed illustrations of many surgical procedures help you build knowledge and confidence for the orthopaedics in-service exam and the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery written exam
- Reader-friendly format lets you read the book cover to cover during a rotation or use it as a quick reference before a patient work-up or operation
New to the Second Edition…
- Fully updated content addresses the latest procedures, including minimally invasive calcaneal fracture fixation, subcutaneous plating pilon fractures.
- Enhanced coverage of total ankle arthroplasty reflects recent advances and improved outcomes
- Information on minimally invasive techniques is highlighted where appropriate to broaden your therapeutic options