- S. Robert Kovac
- Carl W. Zimmerman
Advances in Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery is a thoroughly illustrated guide to the art and the science of vaginal surgery for general gynecologic and urogynecologic problems. Covering a wide variety of procedures, from basic hysterectomy to complex reconstructive procedures, chapters present the current understanding of pelvic anatomy, the diagnostic evaluation of pelvic defects, and the latest techniques and technologies for the vaginal approach.
New to the 2nd edition are:
- NEW The latest information on techniques using mesh
- NEW A chapter on repair of the anterior repair segment
- NEW Information on radical hysterectomy for cancer treatment
- NEW website, offering access to the full text, image bank, and surgical videos so that you can access the content easily and stay up to date on the latest techniques.
- NEW Inclusion of latest information on mesh
- NEW chapter – repair of the anterior repair segment
- NEW information on radical hysterectomy for cancer
- NEW Second color to highlight important sections in text and offer bolder labels on images
- Describes the anatomic defects resulting in patient problems and how surgery can correct them
- Detail the latest techniques and technologies used in operating through the vagina
- Documents the evidence supporting the vaginal approach to most hysterectomies and many other vaginal reconstructive surgeries