- Vincent J. Vigorita
Featuring over 1,700 illustrations—including full-color photomicrographs, drawings, and radiographs—this Second Edition is a comprehensive, practical guide to diagnosing musculoskeletal disorders. The book details the pathologic and radiologic characteristics of all bone and joint diseases, including arthritis, metastatic bone disease, osteoporosis, trauma, osteomyelitis, developmental bone disorders, and tumor-like lesions. A section on soft-tissue pathology discusses meniscal injuries, bursa, ligaments, and tendons. Although primarily a diagnostic aid, the text includes therapeutic suggestions. A glossary defines specific orthopaedic disorders.
This edition has new chapters on fracture callus; the growth plate and dwarfs; tissue/bone banking—bone grafts; and giant cell tumors and differential diagnosis of giant cell lesions. New appendices cover bone biopsy and fine needle aspiration and immunohistochemistry.
A companion Website will include a full-color image bank and an interactive quiz bank.
- Extensively illustrated with full-color figures, photomicrographs, and radiographs
- Pathology/radiology correlations
- Single-authored text provides clarity and coherence not generally seen in books of this size
Second Edition Highlights
- Four new chapters:
- Fracture Callus
- The Growth Plate and Dwarfs
- Tissue/Bone Banking–Bone Grafts
- Giant Cell Tumors and Differential Diagnosis of Giant Cell Lesions
- New appendices:
- Bone Biopsy and Fine Needle Aspiration
- Significant expansion to at least 8 other chapters
- Approximately 10% increase in photos and line drawings