- Thomas W Shields
- Joseph Locicero III
- Carolyn E. Reed
- Richard F. Feins
Long considered the bible of thoracic surgery, this comprehensive two-volume textbook guides you through virtually every open and endoscopic surgical technique with expert commentary by the leaders in thoracic surgery from around the world. Coverage includes extensive sections on lung cancer and other pulmonary tumors. All facets of thoracic disease are covered from anatomy and embryology to diagnostics, including extensive radiological sections. Multidisciplinary contributions on medical treatment, radiation oncology, and surgery and anesthesia are included.
Highlights include new material on minimally invasive procedures and thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment information. Operative checklists are included in procedural chapters, and procedures are presented as bulleted to-do lists wherever possible. This edition also covers non-resection therapies for high-risk non-small cell lung cancer patients, including sublobar resection with adjuvant brachytherapy, radiotherapy ablation, and stereotactic body radiation therapy.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text with all images and video clips of selected procedures.
- NEW! Continued emphasis on surgical oncology
- NEW! Operative checklists included in procedural chapters
- NEW! Procedures presented in bulleted to-do lists
- NEW!: Non-resection therapies for high-risk non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients, including sublobar resection with adjuvant brachytherapy, radiotherapy ablation, and stereotactic body radiation therapy
- Covers all of lung, esophagus, and mediastinum