- James H. Beaty
- James H. Kasser
In its thoroughly revised, updated Seventh Edition, Rockwood and Green’s Fractures in Adults offers a complete print and multimedia package: the established “gold-standard” two-volume reference on fractures and access to an integrated content website. More than 80 of the world’s foremost authorities provide comprehensive coverage of all bone and joint injuries, thoroughly discuss alternative methods for treating each injury, and present their own preferred methods.
Coverage begins with a section on General Principles, including biomechanics, classification, epidemiology, principles of internal and external fixation, bone grafting, outcome studies, and imaging. Subsequent sections focus on fractures by anatomic location. Chapters in these sections follow the same organization: principles of management, surgical anatomy, current treatment options, author’s preferred treatment, complications, and controversies. This edition has 33 new contributors and new chapters on principles of nerve injury and complex regional pain syndrome; psychological aspects of trauma; gunshot and wartime injuries; principles of mangled extremity management; amputations; limb salvage reconstruction; principles of post-traumatic infections; principles of nonunions; and principles of malunions.
A companion website contains the fully searchable text, an image bank, and videos of 25 surgical procedures.
- NEW: New chapters on:
- Principles of Nerve Injury and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Psychological Aspects of Trauma
- Gunshot and Wartime Injuries
- Principles of Mangled Extremity Management
- Limb Salvage Reconstruction
- Principles of Post-Traumatic Infections
- Principles of Nonunions
- Principles of Malunions
- NEW: 33 new authors
- All contributors are experts in their fields
- International group of authors
- Thorough coverage of alternative methods of treatment
- For each injury, the author describes in detail his or her preferred method of treatment
- Puts the current treatment in historical context
- Well illustrated with over 500 new line drawings of surgical procedures
- Companion website contains the fully searchable text, an image bank, and videos of 25 procedures