- Bernard F. Morrey
- Kai-Nan An
- John W. Sperling
Thoroughly updated and expanded into two volumes, the Fourth Edition of Joint Replacement Arthroplasty provides comprehensive coverage of primary and revision arthroplasty procedures for the upper and lower extremities. This definitive text is written by world-renowned experts from the Mayo Clinic and other leading institutions and includes data from the Mayo Clinic’s extensive patient records from 1969 through 2009. This first volume covers the elbow and shoulder and includes online access to 30 chapters on the basic science that supports joint replacement.
Sections on each joint cover anatomy and surgical approaches, navigation, biomechanics, prosthesis design, primary arthroplasty, complications, revision arthroplasty, and alternative procedures. This edition includes more practical advice on diagnosing and managing the underlying problems and more step-by-step operative guidelines.
The companion website allows you to search across both Volume 1 and Volume 2, which covers the hip, knee, and ankle. The online-only basic science chapters provide thorough coverage of materials used for joint replacements and management of patients with various medical conditions.
- Practical how-to-do-it information in each clinical chapter
- Step-by-step operative guidelines
- Coverage of elbow replacement by Dr. Bernard F. Morrey, one of giants in the field
- Coverage of shoulder replacement by Dr. Robert H. Cofield, one of the giants in the field
- Thorough coverage of materials
- Thorough coverage of medical problems common to all joints