- Anthony N. Kalloo, MD, The Moses and Helen Golden Paulson Professor of Gastroenterology, Director, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Jacques Marescaux, MD, (Hon) FRCS, FACS, (Hon) JSES, Chairman and Head, Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Strasbourg, IRCAD (Research Institute Against Digestive Cancer), Strasbourg, France
- Ricardo Zorron, MD, PhD, Director, Division of Innovative Surgery, Klinikum Bremerhaven Reinkenheide, Bremerhaven, Germany;, NOTES Research Group Brazil
Are you interested in using NOTES to treat your patients? Do you need a multimedia tool to guide you through all aspects of clinical management?
Just as laparoscopic surgery revolutionized surgical practice in the 1980’s and 90’s, offering genuine competition to traditional open surgery, Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) presents a genuinely different alternative for surgeons and patients alike as we move forward in the 21st century. Advantages over laparoscopic surgery include lower anesthesia requirements, faster recovery and shorter hospital stays, avoidance of transabdominal wound infections, less immunosuppression, better postoperative pulmonary and diaphragmatic function and of course, the potential for “scarless” abdominal surgery.
Combining high-level text with a superb companion website, Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES): Textbook and Video-Atlas provides you with a hands-on, in-depth and practical multimedia tool on this exciting breakthrough, to consult either on the ward or in surgery. Highlights include:
- Full coverage of the fundamentals of NOTES, its current clinical applications and techniques, and future perspectives
- Over 50 outstanding videos illustrating NOTES being performed by the experts
- Full-color throughout and superbly illustrated with over 250 figures
- Edited by global leaders and pioneers in the field, who have recruited a world-class contributor team
As well being a valuable text for gastroenterologists, GI surgeons and general surgeons, Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES): Textbook and Video-Atlas will also appeal to urologists, urologic surgeons, gynecologists, gynecologic surgeons, thoracic and ENT surgeons.