- Andre P. Boezaart, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Director of Orthopaedic Anesthesiology, Director of Regional Anesthesia Studt Center of Iowa, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Master all of the blocks required for orthopaedic anesthesia, including both single-injection and continuous nerve blocks! This text and its companion DVD thoroughly review the anatomy points you need to know to effectively execute these techniques, and demonstrate all 16 essential nerve blocks as performed by specialists in orthopaedic anesthesiology. Abundant full-color photographs of the sequence of each block – combined with full-color drawings and photographs of cadaver sections of the applied anatomy – help to ensure proper needle placement for each procedure.
- Presents anatomy and techniques from a variety of perspectives through anatomical drawings, gross anatomy images, and photographs of surface anatomy – ensuring proper needle placement for each nerve block.
- Uses a practical, “how-to” approach that makes the latest techniques easy to learn.
- Covers problems and pitfalls to help you avoid potential complications.
- Shows you how to perform both single-injection and continuous nerve blocks, and demonstrates the anatomical responses gained from percutaneous stimulation of the nerves, via videos on the companion DVD.