- Robert Baran, MD, Honorary Professor, University of Franche-Comté, Consultant Dermatologist, Gustave Roussy Cancer Institute, Villejuif, Nail Disease Center, Cannes, France
- David A.R. de Berker, MD, Consultant Dermatologist and Senior Clinical Lecturer, Bristol Dermatology Centre, Bristol Royal Ini rmary, Bristol, UK
- Mark Holzberg, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Luc Thomas, MD, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Dermatology, Lyon 1 University, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Bénite, France
The Scientific and Clinical Encyclopedia of the Nail
The human nail provides a complex structure that supports fine manipulation of objects while protecting the extremities. Diseases of the nail disrupt this function. They can cause pain and discomfort, cause disfigurement and are often unsightly with a profound effect on the sufferer’s self confidence.
Baran & Dawber’s Diseases of the Nails and their Management has long been recognized as the pre-eminent authority on nail disease. The 13 chapters encompass the scientific and clinical management of all abnormalities of the nails including:
- Imaging of the Nail Unit
- The Nail in Dermatologic Disease
- The Nail in Systemic Disease
- Congenital and Hereditary Nail Disorders
- Cosmetics and Nail adornment
- Surgery of the Nail
New to this edition is a superb guide to differential diagnosis by color, shape and location within the nail unit to provide rapid clinical information on nail disorders. Every chapter has been thoroughly updated to ensure a contemporary approach to the therapeutic and cosmetic management of nail disorders.
Whether you are new to the field or an experienced practitioner, Baran & Dawber’s Diseases of the Nails and their Management should be on your bookshelf.