- Lewis Spitz MBChB, PhD, MD(Hon), FRCS, FRCSI(Hon), FAAP(Hon), FRCPCH, FCS(Hon) Emeritus Nuffield Professor of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health, University College, London and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
- Arnold Coran MD Emeritus Professor of Pediatric Surgery, The University of Michigan Medical School and the C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Pediatric Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
- Daniel H. Teitelbaum M.D. Professor of Surgery, Section of Pediatric Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Agostino Pierro MD FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Ed) FAAP Nuffield Professor of Paediatric Surgery, Institute of Child Health, University College, London and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
- Hock Lim Tan MBBS MD FRACS FRCS (Eng) Distinguished Professor & Head of Paediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
The seventh edition of the acclaimed text Operative Pediatric Surgery continues to provide a unique level of comprehensive detail on the full range of surgically treatable conditions presented in neonate and childhood as well as in utero. With an international list of authors, the chapters have been updated and complemented by the high-quality artwork that has established this operative guide as the standard reference for the pediatric surgeon.
This new edition retains the successful format of previous editions. It first highlights the initial principles and justification for the procedure. Next, the book outlines preoperative investigations and preparation. This is followed by the operative procedure itself and postoperative management. New chapters have been added to this edition that cover the latest techniques such as minimal invasive surgery, robotic surgery, and single orifice laparoscopic surgery.
The chapters are arranged in eight sections, with each section emphasizing the overall management of patients. Tricks of the trade of individual authors are included, as well as discussions of technical and clinical judgment.
The new and updated edition of Operative Pediatric Surgery remains the pre-eminent operative guide to a full range of pediatric conditions.
- Provides a truly global perspective with a “who’s who” of international contributors and editors
- Covers fetal, neonatal, and childhood surgery
- Includes over 1,000 detailed line drawings to illustrate the surgical procedures
- Presents justifications for the procedures as well as pre- and post-op protocols
- Reflects the latest techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, and laparoscopy