- Francis H. Shen, MD, FACS, Associate Professor, Division of Spine Surgery, Director, Spine Fellowship, Co-Director, Spine Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD, Harrison Distinguished Teaching Professor of Neurological Surgery, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia,
The Spine—a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series—offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. Francis H. Shen and Christopher I. Shaffrey present clear, evidence-based coverage detailing which technology and methodology is best for each patient. Access discussions of debates on anterior versus posterior approaches for the surgical management of cervical myelopathy, indications for thoracoscopic surgery, options for minimally invasive surgery (MIS) in degenerative spinal conditions, and more. Explore the role for evolving technologies and non-fusion techniques for the management of various spinal pathologies and view expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates—online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, instrumentation, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, and more.
- Discusses variations in technique, including thoracoscopy, microdiscectomy, interbody fusion, osteotomies, laminectomy, MIS decompression techniques and more.
- Explores alternatives to fusion in younger arthritic patients, including disc arthroplasty, facet joint replacement, nucleus replacement.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!